Impress your guests (or just yourself) with these easy and ever so yummy toasties!
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Using a pastry cutter that is slightly larger than the goats’ cheese rounds, cut a circle from each slice of bread.
- Brush the bread rounds with a little olive oil, scatter with a few thyme leaves and season well.
- Place the bread rounds on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until crisp and a light golden colour.
- Remove the bread from the oven and spread 1 tsp pesto over half the rounds.
- Divide the smoked trout among the pesto-topped bread, top with the cheese rounds and season well with black pepper.
- Top the cheese with the rest of the bread circles. Bake the toasties in the oven for another 5 minutes, until the cheese has just started to soften slightly.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with the cherry tomatoes and basil leaves for a delicious snack.
This post was brought to you by: